Contact us on

020 7611 4848

email us


Arrange a Callback

Ask a Question


Friday, 28 August 2015

What to consider when making an offer on a property

imageAs discussed in our property buyer’s guide, once you have calculated what you can afford and you have enlisted the legal services of a property conveyancer you can begin to make formal offers for the property you wish to buy. However, before you rush into making an offer you should carefully consider your approach. It is also important to note that some of the methods will be different depending on where you are or where you are planning to buy property in the UK.

Before you start placing offers for property you should clearly define the maximum limit for your budget and stick to it. If your ideal property is just above the upper limit of your budget you should carefully consider whether you can afford to stretch your finances and estimate what you may have to live without in order to afford the property.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Why choose a solicitor for conveyancing

clip_image002Conveyancing is the name given to the legal process of buying and selling property and is usually completed by a conveyancing solicitor or a licensed conveyancer. This article should help you decide how to choose a property conveyancer and why it is best to use a conveyancing solicitor to carry out the legal process of your property transaction.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Transferring property ownership

clip_image002The final stage of buying a property is perhaps the most nerve-racking part of the process. You have probably spent a number of months searching for a property, negotiating the price and securing a mortgage. Your heart is now set on that property becoming your new home and every part of you is willing for the transfer of ownership to go smoothly. This article should help you understand the process and highlight what to look out for during the contract exchange and completion of the sale.

Monday, 3 August 2015

Deposits and mortgages

clip_image002When you are looking to buy a house, deposits and mortgages go hand in hand because the size of your deposit will affect the size of your mortgage and therefore the amount you repay. This article explains how much you need for a deposit and how you can get the best mortgage deal.

As discussed in our property buyer’s guide article, a mortgage is a financial loan that is usually provided by a bank or building society and a deposit is required to get a mortgage. At the time of writing your deposit must be at least 5% of the property’s value and your mortgage provider would lend you the remaining 95%. However, this deposit amount is a minimum requirement and there are a number of reasons why you should save up for longer in order to put down a bigger deposit.